by Jill P
It looks like we’re going to have a warmer weather weekend. Plus, there’s a lot of things happening around Kalamazoo this weekend. So, get out there and enjoy the fun events in our area. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, January 17 at 2:00 pm the West Lake Nature Preserve in Portage.
- Let’s make tracks! Join a Kalamazoo Nature Center Naturalist to explore the West Lake Nature Preserve. Search for signs of insects, birds and mammals. Who knows what treasures will be found?
- Demo snowshoes available on a first come, first served basis, courtesy of Lee’s Adventure Sports. Nature hike will occur regardless of snow conditions and hiking boots may be worn if preferred. Open to all ages, this nature hike will be a great way to make outdoor memories with your family!
Saturday, January 17 at 11:00 am at Barnes and Noble in Portage.
- Join us January 17 at 11:00 am for Storytime and activities featuring Hug Machine. This book with humorous illustrations is a wonderful feel-good story, sure to entertain the young and old.
Sunday, January 18 at 2:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Come play in the snow and try new ways to enjoy winter months outside. Lee’s Adventure Sports will be on hand in the arboretum with snowshoes and cross country skis for you to test out! Learn new ways to enjoy the outdoors in winter!
- Members: Free, Adults: $7/Seniors $6, Children & Students (4-17) $4
EVENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, January 17 at 11:00 am at the Kalamazoo Public Library-Oshtemo branch.
- Crybaby Concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give preschool children and their caregivers a performance of beautiful music in an open and flexible environment – even if your little ones feel like crying! Room to move and stroller parking. Nutritious, kid-friendly snacks provided. No registration required. Siblings welcome.
Saturday, January 17 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at Gilden Woods on 4620 Arboretum Parkway in Kalamazoo,
- Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool will be hosting an open house on January 17, 2015 from 9:00 am – noon! We invite you to come play games, bounce in our bounce house, have light refreshments, meet Chuck E Cheese, get your face painted and enjoy other activities that will be provided. We will be giving FREE tours of our new school!!! Hope to see you there!
PLUS, CHECK OUT ONE OF THE VENDOR SHOWS
The following vendor shows are happening in our area this weekend:
- Home Town Sports Card Show
- Model Train Auction
- The Big Weekend Sale
- Kalamazoo Reptile & Exotic Animal Show
OTHER FUN IDEAS
See our Ice Skating Lessons & Open Skate Guide for ideas of where to go ice skating with the kiddos. See our Sledding Guide for ideas on the best sledding hills around Kalamazoo or our Hitting the Slopes with Kids for skiing ideas.
Or check out the Harry Potter Movie Series this weekend at the Alamo Drafthouse in Kalamazoo.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?