by Jill P
Most of had three snow day this week and it’s already Friday! Wow, the weather is off to quite a start. Combat cabin fever with going out with your kids this weekend. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, January 10 form 1:00 pm – 4:00 at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in Kalamazoo.
- When the Kalamazoo Valley Museum opened its newly-renovated history gallery, “Kalamazoo Direct to You,” it recognized the everyday local heroes who helped Kalamazoo become the place it is today. Take a celebratory walk through history creating crafts inspired by the imaginations of entrepreneurs, inventors, and leaders from the past.
Saturday, January 10 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Michael’s in Portage.
- Drop in class. Take home a completed project. Just $2 per child for 30 minutes of creative craft fun. Ages 3 and up.
Saturday, January 10 from 10:00 am – 11:30 am at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Explore nature with your child through interactive nature stations that encourage learning and discovery, including time outside (weather permitting). No registration required, just drop in. For children 5 and younger accompanied by an adult. $2 program fee. Normal entrance fees apply.
Saturday, January 10 at 10:30 am and 12:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Public Library-Central location. Registration is required, so call today. Kalamazoo Public Library – Oshtemo will be closed Friday due to the weather. All other KPL locations will open at noon.
- A well-loved family classic Peter and The Wolf, written and composed by Sergei Prokofiev, comes to life as it is performed by the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra’s Woodwind Quintet. Enjoy an Instrument Petting Zoo, meet the musicians, and create a craft based on the story all before the performance! Fun for the whole family! Siblings welcome.
- This concert is part of the KSO Family Fun Chamber Series and has been sponsored in part by Biggby Coffee. Registration required.
OTHER FUN IDEAS
See our Ice Skating Lessons & Open Skate Guide for ideas of where to go ice skating with the kiddos. Plus, we finally have enough snow to go sledding! See our Sledding Guide for ideas on the best sledding hills around Kalamazoo.
We’ve stayed pretty close to home this week, but here’s 10 Fun Indoor Places To Play When You Want To Get Out Of Town. A perfect cure for cabin fever!
Or check out the Harry Potter Movie Series that kicks off this weekend at the Alamo Drafthouse in Kalamazoo.
EVENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Sunday, January 11 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Montessori School in Kalamazoo.
- Come to an Open House at The Montessori School! Explore our classrooms, meet our teachers, and discover what makes this community so special. We are enrolling children ages 2 years 9 months through 12 years old for the 2015-2016 school year. Tell your friends, family, and neighbors. We’d love to share the gift of Montessori with them.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?