by Jill P
Happy Mother’s Day Weekend! See our Beyond Brunch: 7 Alternative Ways To Celebrate Mother’s Day for ideas on how to celebrate Mother’s Day.
There’s a ton of fun things happening around Kalamazoo this weekend. Yes, this weekend is yet another weekend that you’ll want to check out our full Event Calendar for all of the area happenings. You don’t want to miss out on any of the fun events and family activities.
For this weekend, consider…
FOR THIS WEEKEND
Saturday, May 9 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds (right next to the Kalamazoo Expo Center) in Kalamazoo.
- The Touch-A-Truck is a fun event for the whole family where kids, young and old, can learn about and touch an assortment of vehicles including police cars, National Guard vehicles, construction equipment, and many other unique items from those who protect, build and serve in our community! There will be plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Close to 40 unique vehicles to explore! Bounceland, Small Sound – music & movements for the kids, and the Junior League’s own Kids in the Kitchen activity!
Gates will open at 10:00 am for a 2 hour Siren-Free Zone (no horns or sirens) with general admission following from 12:00-2:00pm. Cost is only $10 per family, $4 for adults, and $2 for children (2 and under free). Event takes place rain or shine.
Saturday, May 9 starting at 10:30 am at Celebration Cinema in Portage.
- Lights up! Sound down! Enjoy the BIG SCREEN experience in an accepting environment! Lights will dim, but remain on, volume will be lowered.
Movies begin at show time with limited previews. Shown in 2D with open captioning. Normal admission fees apply.
Saturday, May 9 starting at 11:00 am at the Wolf Lake Hatchery in Mattawan.
- Celebrate International Migratory Bird Day with this interactive bird discovery adventure! Birds are a great way to introduce kids to the outdoors. This family-friendly program includes a relaxing stroll on our nature trails and is perfect for all ages. Binoculars will be provided.
OUT OF TOWN FUN
May 2-9 in Holland, Michigan.
- Join the fun and festivities at the 86th Annual Tulip Time Festival in Holland, MI. There’s plenty to do and see while you’re there. Check out everything from Dutch Dancing to parades to great entertainment and kids events.
FROM OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, May 9 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Expo Center in Kalamazoo.
- Southwest Michigan’s largest garage sale where moms sell clothes, toys, books, maternity wear and other baby items to other moms! Admission: Adults $3 ($1 goes to charity), Children 5 and under are free.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?