by Jill P
We’re half way through November and you can feel the change of the season. There’s lots of fun stuff happening around Kalamazoo this weekend for Kalamazoo families. So bundled up and enjoy! For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday and Saturday, November 14 and 15 at 7:30 pm and Sunday, November 16 at 2:00 pm at the Comstock Auditorium in Comstock.
- Fantasy and reality collide in this eclectic and fun musical romp! Emily’s having a sleepover with her best friend Stephanie when they discover there’s a monster in her closet! To investigate further (despite the incessant teasing of her big brother and his friends), Emily and Stephanie recruit their friends — sarcastic and skeptical Kelly, vain Mary, studious Brain, tomboy Tara and avid reader Megan — to help capture the monster..
- Presented by Center Stage Theatre.
Saturday, November 15 from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Ho-Ho-Ho…Grab your friends, family, and children – as well as a blanket and a candy bag – and join us at the Kalamazoo Holiday Parade, presented by Maple Hill Auto Group on Saturday, November 15th at 11a.m. Throughout the parade, volunteers will be collecting canned goods and cash donations for the Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes Food Drive.
- Giant cold air balloons, marching bands, unique floats, and holiday themed units will entertain nearly 30,000 spectators expected to view the Kalamazoo Holiday Parade. See MLive’s article here if you have more questions about the parade.
Saturday, November 15 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm on the Kalamazoo Mall is Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Immediately following the Kalamazoo Holiday Parade activities on the Kalamazoo Mall will feature a Public Safety vehicle display, hands on activities, interactive games, and a Kiddie carnival. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be on the Kalamazoo Mall from 1 to 2 p.m. to meet with the children.
Sunday, November 15 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- This year, Disney celebrates the 50th anniversary of the song “It’s a Small World,” and the Kalamazoo Valley Museum will join the global festivities with music from the Kalamazoo Children’s Chorus at 1:00 pm and handmade gift making with an international flair. Free arts and crafts begin at noon.
ALSO CHECK OUT
MORE FUN EVENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, November 15 from 7:15 pm – 9:00 pm at the Portage location of the YMCA.
- This fun filled night will bring a variety of challenges for you and all your family members. There will be gym activities, tennis and swimming. Please call the Portage Branch at 269-324-9622 to register your family. FREE for members/$25 Non-Members
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?