by Jill P
Wow, what a week! Who’s ready for the weekend? There’s lots of fun events happening for Kalamazoo area families. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, November 21 from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Just as it implies, this mini-festival will kick off the holiday season with a street festival filled with all things Kalamazoo including anything made in Kalamazoo County. Merchandise, beverages, art, you name it; this is a time to come an literally shop Kalamazoo. Make sure to click on our link to see the brochure with listing all of the street vendors that will be there. So bundle up and enjoy the fun!
Friday, November 21 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Augusta.
- Join us for a nighttime walk to listen to the sounds of the Sanctuary. Along the way we will call for owls and if we are lucky they will call back. The Sanctuary’s ambassador Great Horned Owl will make an appearance at the beginning of the program. Family program.
- Cost is $7/adult, $6/ senior or college student w/ID, $5/ages 2-17. Member discount. (269) 671-2510.
Saturday, November 22 from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Antwerp Community Center in Mattawan.
- In addition to vendors with tons of great holiday gifts, the event will host Santa for pictures with kids and pets, kids activities, a scavenger hunt for guests, live music preformed by Opening Act Theater Co., and a bake sale to benefit the Mattawan Area Pantry.
Saturday and Sunday, November 22 and November 23, 2:00 pm at the Chenery Auditorium in Kalamazoo.
- Get your tickets now for this performance of Cinderella by the Ballet Arts Ensemble. They are on sale now and are affordably priced at $10-$18. See the making of Cinderella video here.
- Don’t forget the Cinderella Tea! A Cinderella Tea follows each performance. Seating is limited and requires the purchase of a separate ticket priced at $5.
ALSO CHECK OUT
Also, check out the some fun plays happening this weekend such as: A Christmas Carol at the New Vic Theatre, Shrek the Musical by the Kalamazoo Central High School, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream by the Vicksburg Performing Arts Center.
Speaking of great local performances, have you checked out our Seasonal Shows and Holiday Performances Round-Up – 2014? Get your tickets now for one of these great concerts, performances, or shows.
Plus, holiday shopping galore! See our Event Calendar for tons of local holiday shopping options.
MORE FUN EVENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, November 22 at 11:00 am at the Bronson Gilmore Center for Health Education in Kalamazoo.
- Crybaby Concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give children under the age of five and their parents, grandparents and siblings a performance of beautiful music in an open and flexible environment – even if your little ones feel like crying!
- There is room to move and plenty of space for stroller parking. Nutritious, kid-friendly snacks are provided after each performance.
Saturday, November 22 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at Little Sprout Children’s Boutique in Kalamazoo.
- The mini sessions at LITTLE SPROUT are for children only. Due to space limitation, we can not offer family photos at this location. The white twinkle light backdrop will be the option for this location and date. The cost is $100. The session fee is for up to two children, if you have a third child there will be an additional $35 fee and that also includes an additional digital file for you. If you have four or more children we will need to do the session at Gregersen Photography Studio.** NOTE: Appointments required, please call 269-366-4325 to book your spot!!!
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?