by Jill P
Welcome November!…and we made it through all of the fun Halloween activities. Hope you had fun with your family over the last few weekends. Now that November is here, we’re moving into a new season of events. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, November 7 from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (Times vary on location. See the brochure for specific times) in downtown Kalamazoo, Oakwood Bistro Plaza, the Parks Trade Center, and more! Make sure you check out all of the locations for this month’s Art Hop as they’ve grown and there’s many new places around town to check out this month.
- A free event held on the first Friday of every month, Art Hop is an evening of art exhibits and events; one of the great things to do in Kalamazoo. It’s fun, interactive and a great way to explore downtown that you can do alone, with friends or family, and you don’t have to be “artist” to enjoy it!
For questions, email email@example.com.
Saturday, November 8 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Gull Lake High School in Richland.
- Featuring the Michigan Tech Mind Trekkers presented by the GLCS Foundation, Spark Series – Year of Science. Michigan Technological University’s Mind Trekkers STEM Road Shows bring the WOW! of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to the hands and minds of K-12 students under the inspirational guidance of the Mind Trekkers team consisting of undergrad and graduate students. Can you walk on water? Make ice cream in 60 seconds?
- There will be plenty of “hands-on” opportunities from local business and industry too that you won’t want to miss. Join the fun at this free event!
Saturday, November 8 from 11:15 am – 12:15 pm at the KIA in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Children and their families will hear stories, get a chance to look at and learn about art, and make art to take away in a new, free Saturday series at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts library.
- Art Detectives is a new initiative by the Meader Fine Art Library and the KIA’s Museum Education Department to teach kids how to look at and appreciate art through storytelling, guided looking, and hands-on experiences. It focuses on the more than 4,000 objects in the KIA’s permanent collection but also might include works in traveling exhibitions on display at the KIA. Admission for children and their parents is free.
Sunday, November 9 starting at 4:00 pm at the Chenery Auditorium in Kalamazoo.
- Join the Junior Symphony of Kalamazoo in their first concert of the season. Single Ticket Prices are: Adult – $15, Senior – $10, and Student – $5
ALSO CHECK OUT
Also, check out THE TIGER WHO CAME TO TEA if you missed the performances last weekend. Want to see a movie? Check out HERO the Disney film opening at one of our fantastic local movie theaters. Have a kiddo that loves dogs? You’ll find a ton of dogs to love at the West Michigan Harvest Cluster AKC Dog Show. Or check out the World Premier of PILOT ERROR at the Air Zoo. (“Pilot Error” is an event for the grown-ups. Perfect for a date night option).
MORE FUN EVENTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, November 8 from 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm at Wings West in Kalamazoo.
- On November 8th, USA Hockey and nearly 500 local associations across the country will encourage kids, ages 4 to 9, to come to a participating rink and try youth hockey as part of Come Play Hockey Month. The KOHA – Kalamazoo Optimist Hockey Association is hosting an event at Wings West from 5-6:15pm. Visit TryHockeyForFree.com for more information! The first 40 kids to register will receive a FREE Goody bag!
Saturday, November 8 from from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at Little Sprout Children’s Bouttique in Kalamazoo.
- It happens in a moment! One minute you are celebrating the birth of a new baby and the next you are getting them ready to start school. Where does the time go? Everyone warns you that time will fly by but you are so caught up in the day-to-day activities of life that you don’t notice it happening. That’s where Captured In Clay comes in. We work with you to capture that brief moment in time and preserve it forever in a clay tile. MUST have appointment and there are a few spots still available! And please feel free to call us if you have ANY questions! 269.366.4325
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?