by Jill P
Fall is definitely here and so are many of the fun fall events for families in the Kalamazoo area. For this weekend consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, October 18 at 11:00 am Kalamazoo Library – Eastwood Branch in Kalamazoo.
- Crybaby Concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give preschool children and their caregivers a performance of beautiful music in an open and flexible environment – even if your little ones feel like crying! Room to move and stroller parking. Nutritious, kid-friendly snacks provided. No registration required. Ages 0-5. Siblings welcome.
Friday, October 17 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday, October 18 & 19 from 1:00 pm -8:00 pm at the Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
- General admission to the Zoo Boo includes stories, animal presentations, straw maze and games, blacklight mini golf, trick-or-treat trail, and one ride token that can be used for train, carousel, hay ride or the carnival! Make sure that you check this out. It’s one of our favorite Halloween activities!
Saturday, October 18 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Library -Oshtemo Branch in Osthtemo.
- Celebrate the season with fun family autumnal activities and snacks! Join us for a concert with Steve Barber at 1:30 and storytime & crafts at 2:30. The Lord of the Gourd will carve pumpkins and gourds from 1 to 4 pm.
Saturday, October 18 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at Hicks Park in Plainwell.
- Join the fun for Pumpkins in the Park brought to you by the City of Plainwell. There will be games, food, pumpkin seed spitting contest, pie eating contest, costume contest, and hayrides.
Sunday, October 19 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Augusta.
- Join Lisa Duke, the Sanctuary’s avian caretaker, for an exciting meet-and-greet with a Red-tailed Hawk and a Great Horned Owl and learn why raptors are unique hunting and flying machines. These birds have permanent injuries and live at the Sanctuary as ambassadors for their species. Using falconry techniques, they were trained to calmly appear before groups. Family program.
Our Halloween Happenings Guide is here with a huge listing of Halloween events and activities for the family. Plus, check out some of the fun fall festivals such as the 2nd Annual Homestead Fall Festival in Grand Junction or the Farmers’ Market Harvest Fest at the Kalamazoo Farmers’ Market.
Finally, in the mood for art? Check out the Arts and Eats Tour with the Richland Area Community Center with plenty for the kiddos to do.
See our Fall and Harvest Event Round-Up for a great number of farms to visit this season and enjoy all of the activities that they have to offer. Our U-Pick Apple/Pumpkin Guide for great ideas on where to go apple picking with your family. Make sure that you call ahead if you plan to pick apples to see what’s available. I hear some of the orchards are done picking apples for the season.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?