by Jill P
It’s really starting to feel like Fall! So many fun things to do this time of year. We’ve put together our top picks for Kalamazoo families. For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, September 20th from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners.
- Visit the world’s largest museum dedicated solely to the Model A Ford! This show and swap meet will be sure to please as hundreds of Model A’s gather on the 90-acre Historic Campus of the Gilmore Car Museum. Cost: $10; children 11 & younger free.
Sunday, September 21 from 11:30 am – 5:30 pm at Tillers International in Scotts.
- Come join the fun at the 12th annual Southwest Michigan Harvest Fest to be held on Sunday, September 21, 2014. The Fest runs from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm and is held at Tillers International in Scotts, Michigan, a short ride east from Kalamazoo and Portage. Organizers are busy planning lots of fun activities for kids such as hayrides, kids tent, and lots of music. So many fun family activities to check out. Plus, check out what’s happening on our local food scene. Admission- $15 per carload, $1 per person for busloads of ten or more, free for bicyclists, and free to Bridge Card holders
Saturday September 20 from 10:00 am – 8:30 pm & Sunday, September 21 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Historic Charlton Park in Hastings.
- The public is invited to experience Native American culture through a traditional pow wow including authentic dancing and drumming, arts and crafts and native foods. Admission is Adults $5.00 and Kids $3.00 ages 5 -12.
FOR THE MOMS
Saturday, September 20 from 8:30 am -1:00 pm at the Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.
- Admission is $2. Check out one of first Mom to Mom sales of the fall season.
OUT OF TOWN, BUT WORTH THE DRIVE
Thursday through Sunday, September 18-21 at the VanAndel Arena in Grand Rapids. See listing for show times and prices.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey ® Presents Built To Amaze!℠ , the 143rd edition of the Greatest Show On Earth. Surprise and wonder delights audiences with over the top feats of strength, agility and courage.
- Circus performers from across the globe create the perfect blend of athleticism and bravery, where power meets fearlessness and amazement has no bounds. Magnificent elephants, ferocious tigers, astonishing acrobats and awe-inspiring aerialists are engineered into one spectacular performance.
See our Fall and Harvest Event Round-Up for a great number of farms to visit this season and enjoy all of that they have to offer. Also, we have some great ideas on where to go apple picking this weekend in our U-Pick Apple/Pumpkin Guide. Make sure that you call ahead if you plan to pick apples to see what’s available.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?