by Jill P
Wow! What awesome weather we have in store for us this weekend. Get out there and enjoy all of the outstanding fall activities and events in our area. We’ve put together our top picks for Kalamazoo families, but there are so many events happening this weekend that you’ll want to check our full Event Calendar. For this weekend, consider these picks…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday through Sunday, September 26-28 at the Air Zoo in Portage. See listing for details on hours and activities.
- Join us at the Air Zoo September 26th-28th for three amazing days of hot air ballooning, family activities, live entertainment, and fantastic food. ADMISSION IS FREE!!! On Saturday, September 27th, join as at 9pm to welcome home an amazing group of World War II Veterans returning from a Talon’s Out Honor Flight to the World War II Memorial in Washington D.C.!
Friday, September 26 from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Saturday, September 27 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at Wedel’s Nursery, Florist and Garden Center in Kalamazoo.
- Once again, Wedel’s Nursery, Florist and Garden Center will be hosting their Fall Festival on September 26th (10:00 am-7:00 pm) and 27th (9:00 am-4:00 pm). Activities include wagon rides, a pumpkin catapult and a petting zoo, just to name a few. The cost is $3 per child with an $8 maximum charge per family. There will also be a scarecrow “station”, bring a pillowcase, shirt and pants…. Wedel’s will provide the hay, twine and the stake.
- Please note there will be additional charges for making the scarecrow and the pumpkin catapult.
Saturday, September 27 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek.
- This is the time of year for harvesting! Make your very own scarecrow and take home a pumpkin as we learn about the fall harvest! *This is also a FREE DAY at Kingman Museum!* Children’s Garden is open Weekdays and Saturdays throughout the season!
Sunday, September 28 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm Vicksburg Historic Village in Vicksburg.
- The Sixth Annual Harvest Festival features animals, entertainment, music, food, produce, hand-made crafts an antique market and more. Cost: Free.
There are two fun runs that should be fun this weekend. Check out the Ultimate Extreme Ultra .1K or the Bronson Children’s Hospital Walk & Run. Both are great fundraisers for organizations within our community.
See our Fall and Harvest Event Round-Up for a great number of farms to visit this season and enjoy all of the activities that they have to offer. We’ve added several events to the listing this week.
Have you gone apple picking yet? See our U-Pick Apple/Pumpkin Guide for great ideas on where to go. Make sure that you call ahead if you plan to pick apples to see what’s available.
Plus, Art Prize in Grand Rapids kicked off this week with over 1500 pieces of art to view around town. And there are festivals galore such at the Apple Fest 2014 at Verhages Fruit Farm and Oktoberfest in Bloomingdale.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids.com. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?