by Jill P Can you believe we’re half way through August? Check out some of the fun happenings events for Kalamazoo families this weekend. For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, August 16 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at Flesher Field in Oshtemo.
- Head on out to the Oshtemo Fun Day, a community and family event for all ages! The event kicks off with a pancake breakfast at 8 AM, and will host mascots, rides, many children’s activities, musical petting zoo, Oshtemo Fire Department, and a number of other awesome attractions. This wonderful event is hosted by the Oshtemo Rotary.
Friday, August 15 at 5:00 pm at the Richland Park in Richland.
- The Richland Community Library and Richland Township Park will be showing this classic movie at the Richland Township Park. Everyone is welcome to bring their dinner, chairs, blankets, and bug spray!
- 5 pm-Color the yellow brick road! All yellow chalk will be provided. Meet at the gazebo next to the playgrounds
- 6 pm-Costume parade! Meet at the gazebo and parade around the newly created yellow brick road.
- 7 pm-Ice cream treats provided by MOO-ville Creamery.
- 7:45 pm-The Movie begins! Location will be determined that day depending on the wind and the weather!
Saturday, August 16 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm at Leila Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek.
- Learn about butterfly life cycles, the fascinating migration routes of some butterflies and which flowers you should plant to attract butterflies. (Saturday LIVE animal presentation).
Sunday, August 17 at 6:30 pm at the Kindleberger Park in Parchment. Enjoy a relaxing evening in Kindleberger Park at The Stage. Bring the kids, a picnic dinner and your lawn chairs for an entertaining night in Parchment! All concerts are scheduled for Sundays at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Rain site for Sunday Summer concerts is Haven Church, 5350 N. Sprinkle Road.
Other Fun Ideas
Check out some of the other fun stuff in our area this weekend. There is the Big Weekend Sale at the Expo Center, Family Music TIme! Join BenJammin & Analisa at the Old Dog Tavern, and the Farmers’ Markets which have plenty of good produce and goodies this time of the year. These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?