by Jill P
Happy August! There’s a ton of fun stuff happening this weekend for the Kalamazoo family. We’re so fortunate to live in the community where we have such great things for our families! For this weekend, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, August 8 at 1:00 pm in South Haven.
- Kick-off the weekend with a parade! Parade route is off from Phoenix Street in downtown South Haven. Also, check out www.blueberryfestival.com for a full listing of events offered during this festival which runs through Sunday.
Friday, August 8 at 6:00 pm in Kindleberger Park in Parchment.
- Each of Jim Gill’s concerts is an active sing-along and clap-along. He bangs out energetic rhythms on his banjo while everyone claps, jumps, dances, and even sneezes along! Jim’s true art is to create a joyful musical experience for children and parents together! For ages preschool, early elementary, and the young at heart!
Saturday, August 9 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Ramona Park in Portage.
- Now is the time to learn about a healthier lifestyle. Visit booths and participate in activities provided by local health and wellness vendors. Try out a kayak or stand up paddle boards, courtesy of Lee’s Adventure Sports or join in on a great outdoor workout with expert instruction from Jazzercise Portage Fitness Studio.
Saturday, August 9 from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Portage District Library in Portage.
- Events include a diverse range of music from local musicians, interactive art, art and crafts demonstrations, and an ice cream social from 12-2. Cosponsored with the Portage Senior Center. Funding provided by the Friends of the Portage District Library. No registration is required. Free.
Sunday, August 10 game starts at 5:05 pm at the Homer Stryker Field in Kalamazoo.
- The Growlers inaugural season will come to a close this Sunday, August 10. To thank the fans for all their support this season, the Growlers will be having a Fan Appreciation Night! Prizes will be given away all night long, starting with the final baseball card set given away to the first 500 fans.
- It will also be Eaton’s last Family Funday Sunday! Pre-game catch on the field will begin at 4:40pm, with kids run the bases and autographs taking place immediately following the game.
- The last first pitch of the season is set for 5:05 pm, with gates opening at 4:05 pm.
Other Fun Ideas
Check out some of the other fun stuff in our area this weekend. There is the Ribfest in Kalamazoo, the Kalamazoo County Fair in Kalamazoo, the USTA Boys’ National Championships in Kalamazoo, and the 2014 Wildcat Classic Car Show in Mattawan
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?