by Jill Piwko
Summer is moving so quickly and there are so many fun things to do with the kids this weekend. Have fun! For this weekend check out these family friendly events, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, July 11 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm at Bronson Park in Kalamazoo.
- The “Lunchtime Live!” summer event series is back by popular demand! Bronson Park will come alive with live musicians, pop-up retail vendors, local food trucks, and summertime activities. Stroll down during your lunch hour or bring the kids during summer break because there will be something for everyone.
Saturday, July 12 at Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
- Get wild about being outside! Binder Park Zoo. Kids FUNfari invites children to explore opportunities with various local organizations who are working together to promote fun and healthy activity alternatives to television and video games and gets kids excited to be outside.The Lemur Lap is the kick-off to the day’s event, and a great way to get kids moving! A spin-off of our popular Cheetah Case, this non-competitive race is for children 10 and under.
- Booths and activities are held inside the Zoo and are included in admission. While supplies last, all children ages 2-10 entering the Zoo will receive a reusable goodie bag.
Saturday, July 12 from 10:30 am – 11:30 am at the Oshemo branch -Kalamazoo Public Library.
- Meet Hether Frayer, the Fresh Food Fairy at a special storytime celebrating healthy foods. Enjoy a smoothie made with her bike blender!
Sunday, July 13 from 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm at Celery Flats in Portage.
- Enjoy an afternoon of Bluegrass and Americana music in beautiful Celery Flats Historical Area. This is the kick-off event for the new Friends of the Park and is sponsored by the Portage Park Board and the K’zoo Folklife Organization. Performers include: Schlitz Creek Bluegrass Band, Deadwood Bluegrass Band, Great Lakes Grass, The crescendo Fiddlers, Joel Colburn, Patricia Pettinga and Bill Willgeng, The Rysenga’s, Carrie McFerrin and Steve Barber. Food concession will be available. Be sure to bring your family to this awesome show! Concert will be held in the grassy common, so bring your chair or blanket.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?