by Jill Piwko
Happy Father’s Day to all of the great dads in our community. Hope you have a great weekend. For this weekend check out these family friendly events, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, June 14 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Portage District Library in Portage.
- Join us at the Portage District Library for kickoff this year! Discover our very own science wonderland with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum! You get to experience stomp rockets, squishy circuits, heat vision cameras, making music, and more.. Ideal for all ages, from toddlers to pterydactyl-aged explorers. Bring a lunch, and at noon, watch the movie “Frozen” on our indoor big screens! No registration required.
Saturday, June 14 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am at the Kalamazoo Nature Center Barn in Kalamazoo.
- Do you want learn what it takes to take care of farm animals? Help our staff perform their Saturday morning chores. Don’t be late, the animals don’t like to wait! Meet at the Market Barn, 357 W. E Ave.
- Saturdays June 7 – August 30, 10 am
Sunday, June 15 from 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Mayors’ Riverfront Park in Kalamazoo.
- Treat your dad to a day at the ballpark watching our local Northwood’s League baseball team…the Kalamazoo Growlers! This will be no ordinary day at the ballpark! Make it a family event or have the kids make it a lasting memory for Dad! 50 tickets are available that include the following:
- Food voucher (Hot dog, bottled water, Growlers baseball cap)
- Question and answer session with the manager and lots of other fun events planned.
- Pre-game activities – 3:00 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. 5:05 p.m – First Pitch. Meet in the Conference Room at Parks & Recreation Office! COST: $15 per person
Sunday, June 15 from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Bronson Park in Downtown Kalamazoo.
- Concerts in the Park Concerts in the Park (CITP) is offered Sundays, June 8 – Aug. 24 at 4:00 p.m. in Bronson Park at the Rotary Club Stage. CITP is program of the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo with sponsor support from, the City of Kalamazoo Parks and Recreation, Irving S. Gilmore Foundation and WMUK 102.1 FM. Concerts are free and family friendly. Bringing picnic meals, blankets or lawn chairs is encouraged. The rain location is First United Methodist Church, 212 S. Park Street.
- June 15 – The Mickey’s
There are a number of fun festivals going on in the area this weekend. Check out the Vicksburg Old Car Festival in Vicksburg, the Water Festival in Three Rivers, or the Pride Festival in Downtown Kalamazoo~all have activities for kids.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?