by Jill Piwko
We’re over half way through June and getting into the full swing of summer. For this weekend check out these family friendly events, consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, June 21 registration is from 6:45 to 7:45 am at the Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
- The Cheetah Chase is one of the most unique 5k events in Michigan! Kangaroos, wolves and giraffe, to name a few, will be on-hand to watch you run through the Zoo.
- All participants in the Gazelle Gallop and Sloth Walk will receive a free day-of admission pass to Binder Park Zoo, a t-shirt, and a reusable tote bag.
- 7:30 am – Gates to zoo entrance closed to prep for race – be here by 7:30 to park in zoo lot. 8:00 am – Gazelle Gallop (5K Run)
Saturday, June 21 starting at 11:00 am at Bronson Gilmore Center for Health Education in Kalamazoo.
- Drums & Diapers with the Coalescence Percussion Duo. Crybaby Concerts are FREE 45-minute mini-concerts that give children under the age of five and their parents, grandparents and siblings a performance of beautiful music in an open and flexible environment – even if your little ones feel like crying!
- There is room to move and plenty of space for stroller parking. Nutritious, kid-friendly snacks are provided after each performance. We love these concerts!
Friday and Saturday, June 20 and June 21 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Air Zoo in Portage.
- From cows that provide milk for a bowl of cereal to sea lions working with their trainers at the zoo or even puppies that chase the ball in the yard, the connections between humans and animals are vast. “Animal Connections: Our Journey Together,” highlights this special relationship. Developed to inspire future generations of veterinary professionals, the exhibit explores and celebrates the enduring bond we all share with animals – from pets to livestock to animals in the wild – and the vital role that veterinarians play.
- “Animal Connections: Our Journey Together” was created by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service and is a collaboration with the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Veterinary Medical Foundation, and with Zoetis as our company affirms a singular focus on animal health.
- Admission is FREE!
Saturday, June 21 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at Little Sprout Children’s Bouttique in Kalamazoo.
- It’s finally summer and its the perfect time to get those prints “captured in clay”. Whether there’s a new baby in the home or its time to get another set of prints (because you can’t believe how they’ve grown in the past year); we encourage you to sign up early as appointments fill up quickly.Preview all your options BEFORE your appointment at www.kidtiles.com under “products”.
- You must reserve the number of tiles and quantity that you want to make at the time of sign up. You will only need 1 time slot per family, not per child or number of tiles being made. If you are unsure of what size to order, PLEASE contact Deana to discuss your options. You will be limited to the amount and size of tiles that you placed an order for to ensure we have enough clay for everyone. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-318-9973 (cell).
There are a number of fun festivals going on in the area this weekend. Check Island Festival in Downtown Kalamazoo, Harborfest in South Haven, and Greater Galesburg Days in Galesburg~all have activities for kids.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?