by Jill P
Kalamazoo parents and caregivers, we have a number of fun family activities and Kalamazoo area events going on this weekend. Consider…
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Saturday, March 29 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am at the Kalamazoo Nature Center in Kalamazoo.
- Explore nature with your child! Interactive nature stations are set up to encourage learning with your child. Program concludes with a walk outside (weather permitting). No registration required- just drop in! For children 5 and younger accompanied by an adult. $2 program fee.
- Admission: Members: FreeAdults: $7, Seniors: $6, Children & Students (4-17) $4,Children 3 & Under: Free Location: All programs begin in the Interpretive Center unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, March 29 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Michael’s store in Portage.
- Meet Piet! Kids, make your own Mondrian-style painting. Join us on Saturday, March 29th, for our Inspired By Mondrian Event. Ages 3 and up are welcome to this event. Call for more details today. Let your kids explore their creativity while you shop! Only $2 per child reserves 30 minutes for your creative kid. Sessions starting every half hour from 10:00am – 11:30pm. See a store associate to join the fun!
Sunday, March 30 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at Airway Lanes in Portage.
- All you can eat pancakes and all you can bowl! Only $10 per person!
Sunday, March 30 from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm at the Teachers Center in Portage.
- Kids love magic, and they really love learning and performing it! Southwest Michigan’s favorite magician, Alan Kazam will be here with his fun and entertaining magic workshop, “AbraCadabra with Alan Kazam!” This workshop is a way for kids to have fun while learning magic and how to become a magician. Magic helps improve digital dexterity, public speaking skills, creativity, self-confidence and imagination.
- The workshop will last approximately 1.5 hours. Every child will get personal instruction from Alan Kazam and will receive a magic set! Must RSVP in advance as spaces are limited.
FOR THE MOMS
- This weekend, there are a number of Mom to Mom Sales around the area. Check out the good deals to be had on kids clothing, toys, etc.
These events and more can be found on our Events Calendar at KZOOkids. What fun things will you be doing this weekend?