by Jill Piwko
[note] These kids prize packs were donated by the Blueberry Festival Committee. All opinions are my own. [/note]
Who doesn’t love blueberries? We do! And why not celebrate everything blueberry? That’s just what the Blueberry Festival is all about in South Haven. The Blueberry Festival runs August 7-10 this year and has a full schedule of events.
There will be plenty to do to keep your kids busy. Some of the activities include:
- Kids crafts, science projects, face painting, bubbles and more
- Children’s Sidewalk Chalk Art with Louise Wepher
- Kids Zone activities including moon walk, slide, climbing wall
ticket fee applies
- Ronald McDonald Magic Show
- Kids Pie Eating Contest- must be 5 years old to participate, no pre-registration necessary, $1 per child, NEW this year: photo station to capture that messy smile! (BYO camera)
- Blueberry Bark-B-Que- Pulled pork dinner, proceeds to benefit the Al-Van Humane Society
- Kiwanis Blueberry Pancake Breakfast
- And a parade!
See the Blueberry Festival schedule for a full listing of events for the whole family.
What Else To Do in South Haven
If you’ve never been to South Haven before, you’re in for a treat. South Haven is great town with two beautiful beaches, interesting shops, and plenty of restaurants. It’s a great place to make family memories and just a one hour drive from Kalamazoo. Also, check out their great Farmers’ Market on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. See the South Haven Visitor’s Bureau for more ideas.
Enter To Win
We are giving away two kids prize packs. These prize packs include:
- Free entry in the Kids Blueberry Pie Eating Contest Friday at 2pm (must be at least 5 years old)
- Wrist band good for one day of unlimited rides at the Kids Play Zone (good Friday or Saturday)
- One free youth size Blueberry Festival T-shirt
To enter to win one of the (2) prize packs offered, please tell us if you’ve ever been to the Blueberry Festival in South Haven. Good luck!
*This giveaway will close on July 30 at midnight and the winner will be notified via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond by email accepting the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. Leaving a comment on this blog post is not a requirement of entry. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to KZOOkids.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants will release Facebook from all liability. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to jill@KZOOkids.com containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: The Blueberry Festival in the subject line. KZOO Kids’ liability is limited to the value of the prize.