Light up the Holidays in Southwest Michigan
Growing up, my family had an annual tradition of driving to look at Christmas lights after church on Christmas Eve. We always knew exactly which houses to visit for the best local displays. Whether you already have your favorites, or are looking for new light displays to start a tradition, we have it covered. Make sure to check out the Christmas card displays around town too!
Start the car, fill up a thermos of hot chocolate and grab some cookies so the whole family can enjoy an evening of twinkling holiday light displays in Kalamazoo, the Southwest Michigan area, and beyond.
Know of any other spectacular light displays in greater Kalamazoo? We want to hear about it – drop us a line in the comment section.
Where to See Christmas Lights Around Kalamazoo
Zoo Lights at Binder Park Zoo | 7400 Division Drive, Battle Creek | (269) 979-1351
- Open through December 23, Friday – Sunday, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Visit Binder Park Zoo to view their lights, decorations, winter animals, special entertainment and even visit Santa. Enjoy unlimited carousel rides, animal meet and greets and holiday treats.
- $5 Binder Park Zoo Members, $6 Non-members, Children under 2 are FREE
Battle Creek Winter Festival of Lights | Downtown Battle Creek (Mill Race Park, Friendship Park and along the river to Linear Park)
- Walk along the river and throughout downtown Battle Creek to enjoy the beautiful light displays.
- Activities include horse-drawn wagon rides, Santa’s Den, arts and crafts, music. Special events take place every Saturday through December 22.
Portage City Center
- Take a stroll on the lighted paths near Portage City Hall and the Portage District Library.
Bronson Park and Downtown Kalamazoo | 200 South Rose Street, Kalamazoo
- Downtown Kalamazoo offers a number of must-see Holiday displays including a walk through Candy Cane Lane. Make sure to get a picture next to the giant Santa near the Radisson hotel.
- Enjoy the bustling downtown scenery on the Holly Jolly Trolley and visit Santa’s workshop.
River Lights of Wonder | Riverside Church, 207 E. Michigan, Three Rivers
- An amazing display of Christmas lights along the St. Joseph River.
- The journey along the river will guide visitors through the story of the very first Christmas.
- Experience the light show every Thursday through Sunday in December from 5:30 PM -10:00 PM.
- On Saturdays, the drive will be closed to allow walkers to walk along the river and take in the beauty of the lights up close.
Holiday House 5777 | 5777 Clovermeadows Avenue, Scotts
A residential home with inflatables galore! Massive Christmas display with over 150 blowups arranged in a way that allows families to walk along paths for up closing viewing of the decorations. Decorations are weather-dependent so verify on Facebook before you head over.
Gull Meadow Farms | 8544 Gull Road, Richland | (269) 629-4214
- Drive by on Gull Road to see over 50,000 lights and displays in front of the farm.
Christmas Card and Tree Displays
Barry County Festival of Trees | Gilmore Car Museum, 6865 W Hickory Road, Hickory Corners | (269) 671-5089
- Tree Display Open Daily now through December 31. Trees are decorated by area organizations and displayed throughout the museum Heritage Galleries.
Kalamazoo Community Church | 2435 North 26th Street, Kalamazoo | (269) 343-4522
- Visitors will be able to view the Christmas Card Drive display. Admission is FREE.
Christmas Card Lane | Lauderdale Drive off of West Main, Kalamazoo
- Residents of this 43 house street in Westwood continue a local tradition of lighting large plywood Christmas cards displayed on their front yards.
Holiday Card Walk in Portage | Bicentennial Trail in Portage beginning at Celery Flats
- A popular Portage tradition of viewing large holiday greeting cards, lights and decorations made by area families, businesses and organizations.
- Cards located along Bicentennial Trail.
Christmas Light Displays – Within an Hour Drive
Marshall’s Merry Mile | Calhoun County Fairgrounds, 720 Fair Street, Marshall
- Open Now through December 30, hours are Wednesday – Sunday 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Open Christmas Day. Santa visits and other events available on select dates.
Christmas Lite Show | Fifth Third Ball Park, 4500 West River Drive, Comstock Park
- Christmas Lite Show animated drive-thru light display is almost two miles long!
- Open now through December 31, hours are daily from 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM.
- Catch the Memory Lane Train departing at select times.
St. Joseph Lights up the Bluff | Lake Bluff Park and Lake Boulevard, St. Joseph
- Visitors can take a walk through Lake Bluff Par and enjoy the view of over a million lights. Kids can enjoy a ride on the Silver Beach Carousel, all decked out for the holidays.
Christmas Light Displays – Worth the Drive
Nite Lites Show, Winter Wonderland | Michigan International Speedway, 12626 US-12, Brooklyn
- Open now through December 31. Hours are 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday and 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM, Friday and Saturday.
- The display takes approximately 20-30 minutes to drive through. Additional opportunities include Santa visits, reindeer and train rides.
Wonderland of Lights – Potter Park Zoo | 1301 South Pennsylvania Avenue, Lansing | (517) 483-4222
- Wonderland of Lights is open on Thursdays through Sundays from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM and other select dates, through December 31.
- Kids can visit with Santa on Fridays and Saturdays through December 23.
Wild Lights – Detroit Zoo | 8450 West 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak | (248) 541-5717
- Wild Lights will be held December 1-2, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23 and 26-31.
- Carousel rides and pictures with Santa are available for purchase.
The Lights Before Christmas – Toledo Zoo | Toledo Zoo, 2 Hippo Way, Toledo | (419) 385-5721
- Running through December 31 with hours Sunday – Thursday 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Friday and Saturday 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Additional activities include Santa visits, Santa dives, and ice bumper cars.
ZooLights – Lincoln Park Zoo | 2001 North Clark Street, Chicago | (312) 742-2000
- Visit the Lincoln Park zoo for FREE family fun featuring luminous displays and holiday-season activities throughout the zoo grounds.
- Display runs through January 6 with hours 4:30 PM – 9:00 PM.
PIN for Reference