Places to Swim Indoors with Kids
Whether you’re escaping the dreary weather or simply want to enjoy an afternoon of family swim time, it is possible to have a fun day at the pool year-round in Southwest Michigan. A number of indoor pools in the Kalamazoo area offer open swim times.
Gear up in the swimsuit and goggles and read on to see our favorite splish splash spots.
*Please note that schedules and hours are subject to change at any time and without notice. It is always best to call and verify information.
List of Greater Kalamazoo Open Swim Locations
The Allegan Aquatic Center offers a large pool with diving boards and an obstacle course. The warm water zero-entry leisure pool has a slide, lazy river, and basketball hoop.
- Family Fun time on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (leisure pool only)
- Open Swim on Saturday 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM and Sunday 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (both pools, including the Aquaglide inflatable obstacle course)
Large pool, whirlpool, toddler activity pool, and a splash pad. Day passes available, subject to availability.
- Daily 9:00 AM– 10:00 PM (hotel guests)
- Sunday – Thursday from 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (day pass guests)
The Holland Aquatic Center offers Family Splash Time. The leisure pool (Splash Zone) features a triple spiral water slide, a multi-feature play structure, water cannons, vortex, water cane, fountains, and water jets.
Day Rate info HERE (children ages 2 and younger are free)
Family Splash Time:
- See website for the Family Splash Time schedule, as it changes seasonally.
- Pre-school Splash Hours (children ages 6 and under) are also available during the week.
Otsego Public Schools Pool | Washington Street Elementary School | 538 Washington Street, Otsego
- Open Swim generally held Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Check the monthly calendar for updated times and availability.
- Children under the age of 12 must have an adult (18+) in the pool with them.
Plainwell Community Pool | Plainwell Middle School | 720 Brighmam Street, Plainwell
Pool features a large 6-lane pool of varying depth with two diving boards.
- Friday and Saturday 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Kalamazoo Athletic Club | Radisson Plaza Hotel | 100 W. Michigan Ave., Kalamazoo
The Kalamazoo Athletic Club, located in the lower level of the Radisson Plaza Hotel, offers a day pass ($10 per person) rate to use the gym facilities and pool during regular open hours.
The Sherman Lake YMCA pool is available for use to non-members. Purchase a day pass to have access to the YMCA facility and programs, including the pool. Rates are $5 per child, $10 per adult, or $20 for a family.
- Schedule varies – visit the website
Surfari Joe’s | Fairfield Inn & Suites | 8258 Arnt Blvd., Watervliet
Indoor waterpark featuring two slides that funnel outside of the park, a lazy river, and a toddler pond play place. Ages two and under are free. Find day pass prices here (along with any changes to schedules during breaks and holidays).
- Monday – Thursday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM (no slides)
- Friday 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Sunday 11:00 PM – 6:00 PM
WMU’s Gabel Natatorium opens its pool to the Kalamazoo community during the weekend. Open swim includes an inflatable obstacle course, pool toys, and high dive springboard diving boards.
- Saturday 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Contact the cancellation hotline at 269-387-3046 for updated swim hours.
The YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo (Maple and Portage) pool is available for use to non-members. Purchase a day pass to have access to the YMCA facility and programs, including the pool.
Day passes are $10 per adult, $8 teen (ages 13-18) $6 youth (ages 6 and under) or $25 per family.
- Schedule varies – visit the website
PIN For Reference