Experience A Summer of Adventure and Play at Kalamazoo Country Day School Summer Camp
Bring on summer vacation!
Well…until the kids tell you they’re bored five minutes into the first day of break.
It hard keeping your kids busy once school ends!
Summer camps are the perfect answer for kids who want to move and play and be busy.
Is there a camp that combines both the fun of summer with a sense of adventure in Kalamazoo?
Enter Kalamazoo Country Day School’s themed summer camps.
Read on to see how KCDS has everything your kiddo needs for a memorable summer experience.
Can Anyone Attend KCDS Camps?
Yes! While Kalamazoo Country Day School is a private school, their summer camps are open to everyone- not just just KCDS students!
KCDS’s Themed Camps Ensure No One Will be Bored
Every week is something new at Kalamazoo Country Day School’s summer camps. Through activities, experiments and adventure, kids will have a blast learning something new each week of camp.
Do you have a soccer enthusiast? Future artist? Astronaut in training? KCDS has camp sessions for all.
And with flexible schedules (full or half day) and child care available, they can accommodate busy families as well.
KCDS summer camps are offered to children aged two years, nine months through nine years old.
2023 KCDS Weekly Camps
• Soccer with Coach Wright (June 12-16)
• Insect Exploration (June 19-23)
• Independence Week (June 26-30)
• Classic Summer Fun (July 5-7)
• Infinity & Beyond (July 10-14)
• Art & Artists (July 17-21)
• Dino Lab (July 24-28)
• Science Lab (July 31-Aug 4)
• Fitness (Aug 7-11)
• Summer Childcare (Aug 14-18)
KCDS Camp Packing List
• Water Bottle
• 2 Snacks
• Nap Blanket and travel pillow
• Extra Set of Seasonal Clothing
• Bathing Suit & Towel
• Sunscreen & Bug Spray
• All items must be labeled with the child’s first and last name
KCDS Summer Camp FAQs
• Ages: 2 years, 9 months – 9 years old. All campers must be potty trained
• Schedule: All camps run from 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM
• Half Day Option: Half Day sessions are available and conclude at 11:45 AM
• Child care: Available from 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
• Camp Staff: Camps are taught by KCDS faculty members
Have more questions or need more information? Email the KCDS team for more info.
About Kalamazoo Country Day School
KCDS began in 1979 when local families saw a need for an independent, non-profit school in the Kalamazoo area.
This Pre-K through 8th grade school was built on collaboration with families, staff, alumni and friends to create lifelong learners.
KCDS students are enriched with Spanish four times per week beginning in preschool; additional subjects include music, visual art, technology and physical education.
Every year, the school seeks to admit talented and motivated students and are committed to economic diversity. Kalamazoo Country Day School is tuition-based and financial aid is available.