Moms Just Want to Have Fun – Time for a Mom’s Night Out!
When was the last time you had a true mom’s night out (or afternoon out) with your mom friends?
If you have to think long and hard on when the last MNO was, well – it sounds like a little ‘me time’ is in order.
Being a mom is one of the best things that life offers, but let’s face it, when those rare opportunities to escape arise, make sure to take advantage of it. You’ll come back refreshed and ready to tackle parenting with gusto.
Take a break from the regular mom routine and grab your friends and head out for some fun.
Here are some new, unique and fun ideas that’ll get you reconnecting and bonding with your girls in no time.
Visit Pinspiration Kalamazoo at our new studio in Portage!
We are now open for all your crafty or messy splatter art fun. Host a party in our VIP room or walk in and choose from a gallery wall. Our muses are ready to inspire you!
Catch a Performance
1. Enjoy a concert at the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra.
2. Rock out to a concert or laugh with a comedian at the Kalamazoo State Theater.
3. Take in a play at the Downtown Kalamazoo Farmers Alley Theatre.
4. Spend an evening at Miller Auditorium where you can see touring productions straight from Broadway, live concerts and comedy events.
5. Head out to the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre to see a musical, comedy or drama.
6. Drop in at Art Bayou to paint your own pottery. If working with glass is more your style, sign up for mosaics or glass fusing classes.
7. Try out the new Pinspiration in Portage.
8. Create a masterpiece to hang in your home with a kit from Make Studio Kalamazoo.
9. Craft your own scented candle at Kalamazoo Candle Company. Have a group of eight or more moms? You can schedule your own private group candle-making session.
Try Something New
10. Learn about the making of craft beer in Kalamazoo and take a brewery tour at Bell’s Brewery.
11. Try bingo with a twist at Presidential Brewing Company in Portage. They combine karaoke with bingo twice a month, on Wednesdays. We also recommend a round of mini golf if weather permits!
12. Try your hand at axe throwing at Revel & Roll West.
13. See if you have what it takes to make your “escape” from one of Escapology‘s seven escape rooms.
15. Give rock climbing a try at Climb Kalamazoo.
16 . Try golfing. Discover Kalamazoo has a great list of golf courses in the area.
17. Hit the trails for a walk, run or bike ride. Explore the best bike and hiking trails Southwest Michigan has to offer.
18. Get your bowl on at Airway Fun Center.
20. Rent kayaks from one of the many rental options in the area and explore a lake or river with your friends.
Relax & Unwind
21. Enjoy Savasana (everyone’s favorite yoga pose) at Sanctuary; they offer private group yoga sessions for a small fee.
22. Schedule a manicure and pedicure party at a local salon. Triangle Nails in Portage has a VIP room that can be reserved for groups.
23. Take a break and relax in the hot tubs at The Oasis.
25. Take in the refreshing vibes and sit by the water on West Lake for a dinner at Cove Lakeside Bistro.
Frugal/FREE Mom’s Night Out Options
26. Gather together at a library, coffee shop or a friend’s house for a book club.
27. Host a clothes swap with friends and trade clothes you don’t wear or want and come away with new items to add to your wardrobe.
28. Choose your favorite chick-flick movie and pop popcorn for an at-home movie night.
29. Meal prep together and stock your freezer with dinners to help on busy days or when you just don’t feel like meal planning.
30. Take a look in your game closet and pick out a favorite for a game night with the girls.
Local Restaurants with Mom’s Night Out Opportunities
31. Want to have a good dinner out with friends? See our Date Night Restaurant options. While not a “date” with your significant other, the list of restaurant options is a good bet for an entertaining gal-pal evening.
32. BOLD, located in Texas Corners, offers some great deals on their small plates on Mondays.
34. Visit WL Socialhouse (formerly The Wine Loft) for their featured drinks during social hours on Tuesday through Thursday (4:00 PM to 6:00 PM).